Thursday, July 2, 2009

The sun waved hello to the earth, and it was love at first sight.

My heart is happy again. Peace and hope swell around it like a big bursting hive of beautiful bees, humming around with ideas and love.

Devi will happen. Today was extremely encouraging and things were talked over. When I get home expect a full on obsession to get there to be experience certified teachers in Drifting Angels next school year. It is 60 Cedis a month for one teacher. They need around 8 teachers. We can, and will. do this. (Britt I can hear you now bursting with ideas of how to raise this money, can't wait to be a partner in crime/fund raising with you again.) And to all of you who have done Nothing but support me, give ideas and just downright love me, I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH. If it's one thing I have learned here it is how to love, and how much I appreciate every single one of you who have helped me on this journey and who I know will be there to laugh and cry and drink chai with me for many times to come. I love you all more than you know. You are all so beautiful.

Last day at the orphanage tomorrow. This makes my heart tremor a little bit. I cannot believe tomorrow is my last day with them, at least for a long time. I will long for them upon my arrival home. I am nervous for how much I will miss them, how strange America will feel when I land and see so many white pointy faces. Saturday I will be eating Fufu while you all celebrate July 4th. This makes me happy, but nervous. Home will be an interesting adjustment but I am so happy and excited to see all of you, eat salad, talk and love with you all.

Tomorrow will be hard, but I am forever greatful for this chance.
Signing off for now, with love and hope in my soul I can't wait to suck all the marrow out of life and rejoice in how amazing this experience is for me.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment